- It appears our Juan Uribe nightmare may not be averted quite yet. With Alexei Ramirez struggling and Danny Richar injured, Uribe has the inside track to be the opening day starter at second base. At least that’s what Tadahito Iguchi thinks. Seeing Uribe back in the lineup, and playing out of position, is enough to drown my rising White Sox optimism. Why not just resign Iguchi? He only signed a one year, four million dollar contract with San Diego this offseason, less then what the Sox gave Uribe.
- One week after I asked who Rex would be throwing to, the Bears have answered: Marty Booker and Brandon Lloyd. Meet the NFL’s slowest pair of starting wide receivers. But hey, at least they have huge hands! Let’s just hope the Bears are looking for a receiver early in the draft, and that Hester will be as good as they think.
- Even when they cut the deficit to one point in the fourth quarter against the Pistons last night, it seemed like the Bulls never really had a chance to win that game. Such is the way things are going this year. Still, beating the Pistons five out of six is nothing to complain about.
- Chris Duhon, you are a joke. If Boylan gives him any sort of minutes for he remainder of this season it will be a catastrophe. Good to see Shannon Brown get his first real chance though, and man does he look thick. Maybe Brown would have been better off as a bone-crushing strong safety.
- I’ve stated my affinity for OJ Mayo here a few times, but I’m starting to rethink my stance on him. I want to like Mayo. I really do. But I’ve seen him play a few times this year and he has Larry Hughes written all over him. Mayo just takes too many bad shots. If he’s 6’4, like some suspect, he’ll have to play point pros, and he can't handle that. Still, I’d like to see the Bulls take a chance on him if he plummets in the draft like most people think.
- Here’s hoping Illinois State can sneak into the NCAA tournament. They got absolutely smoked by Drake in the MVCC title game, but if some other mid-major favorites hold court in their conference tourneys, the Redbirds could sneak in. Osiris Eldridge (pictured above) is the best player in the state no one has heard of. He’s the type of guard that would look great in Illini colors. Hopefully VCU losing yesterday doesn’t come back to hurt ISU.
- Finally, I have to pass along this FireJoeMorgan post, because it's my duty to link to anything that tears apart Dusty Baker. Hey Homer Baily, say goodbye to that golden arm. Using Dusty's logic, Jay Bruce should be ready for the majors by 2014.
Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/tremendousupsidepotential.com/html/2008/03/monday_roundup.php on line 695
Warning: include(http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/sidenew.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/tremendousupsidepotential.com/html/2008/03/monday_roundup.php on line 695
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/sidenew.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/tremendousupsidepotential.com/html/2008/03/monday_roundup.php on line 695